Aftercare for Waxing, Threading & Henna Brows
Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid heat and friction during the next 24 – 48 hours.
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
- No saunas, hot tubs, massage or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sun beds or fake tans).
- No sport, gym work or other exercises.
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
To prevent ingrown hairs: starting a few days after your appointment and then continuing a couple of times every week, exfoliate the areas you get waxed using a dry brush or exfoliating mitt. Take the brush and just before you step into the bath or shower gently brush the area you get waxed whilst your skin and the brush is dry.
Moisturise every day to keep the skin supple and help new hairs to grow through normally. Don’t exfoliate too much or too rough as this can graze the skin and cause ingrown hairs.
You may notice a small amount of regrowth after a week or so. It can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives best results.
You will need at least 3-4 weeks growth of hair before it can be successfully removed by waxing;
Please do not shave between your appointments.
To maintain your smooth appearance, I recommend regular waxing every 4-6 weeks
Thank you for choosing us for your waxing service. Please follow the guidelines below to ensure your skin is cared for properly over the next few days.
Please note: some slight soreness, small bumps, and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first wax. These symptoms should subside over the next 24 – 48 hours.
Threading is an excellent alternative to tweezing and waxing. After your treatment, simple aftercare steps can help you keep your brows & face looking their best without skin irritation or breakouts, which are uncommon. Here are easy aftercare tips to follow after your next threading session.
Skip Cleansers and Makeup for 24 Hours
While most people don’t experience much irritation or breakouts, you can reduce this risk by avoiding the use of facial cleansers or makeup, (makeup brushes) around your brows or face for about a day. This gives your skin time to recover fully so you don’t develop an inflammatory reaction to the skincare products. Exfoliating and anti-aging products should be avoided for up to 3 days around your brows for the same reason.
Minor redness isn’t uncommon after eyebrow threading, but it typically goes away on its own within a few hours. You can reduce redness faster by spot cooling your brows with an ice pack right after your treatment. Soothing rose water or aloe vera can also ease inflammation and redness for perfect brows in no time.
Avoid Excess Sun Exposure
Your skin will be more sensitive to harmful UV rays immediately after your procedure. Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for the first two hours after threading. If you do go out, be sure to wear sunscreen. All heat sources should also be avoided. This includes tanning beds, hot baths, and the sauna.
Don’t Touch Your Brows or face
You will probably be tempted to touch your brows after threading. Resist the temptation for at least a few hours because touching will transfer oils from your fingers to your skin. This can clog the pores that were opened during the threading process and lead to a breakout or minor skin infection.
Don’t Use Self-Tanner for 2-3 Days
While you may want to accent your flawless new eyebrows with the perfect tan, it’s best to avoid self-tanning products on your face for the first few days, especially around the brows. If you do need to use self-tanner, use a barrier so the product won’t touch your hair or skin just around the brows.
Don’t tweeze or shave between appointments
You can have threading done as soon as your hair is past your skin. Don’t tweeze or use a brow razor between appointments. These methods can lead to stubble, ingrown hairs, and too much hair removal.
Henna Brows aftercare:
- Do not rub the area treated
- Avoid heat treatments for 24 hours
- Do not apply brow make-up for at least 24 hours after your treatment
- Avoid sunbathing for 24 hours, as this can cause the tint to fade
- Avoid swimming/saunas for at least 24 hours after your treatment
- Avoid perfumed products for at least 24 hours after your treatment
- Please note that oil based make up remover can cause the tint to fade quicker
- Exposure to the sun/UV lights for long periods can cause the tint to fade quicker